Texas Heat + Kids Out of School =Sunburns at the pool, or High Electric Bills from trying to stay in doors and get some relief from the heat.
Here are 10 tips to help you save on your electricity and survive the heat and Electric Bill at the same time!
Energy Saving Tips
Making simple changes can improve efficient and also boost your home’s value:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
2. Check for air leaking around doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms not in use.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit.
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
9. Buy fluorescent light bulbs.
10. Repair/Replace weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows.
A few conscious changes can actually help!